Welcome to the Riiiver Developers’ site!
Riiiver is a platform where anyone can connect things and services easily. A lot of knowledge is needed to connect many services and things in the world to build up a UX. Riiiver’s target is that giving people who has no programming skill a way to bring their idea into their actual lives and taking them to the UX-supply side, as well as developers who browse this page (even there are many convenient services these days).
We ask you people with programming skill to make and share tools as “pieces of UX” for ordinary people can implement a UX and everyone realize his or her UX. “Pieces of UX” are experience through IoT devices you have already released, apps connecting them or services you provide. Such experience is ordinarily a thing you directly develop and provide to users; or it is a thing enhanced through APIs you supplied to other developers and provided to users. However, in Riiiver, ordinary people are also creators.
Release a piece of UX you have in mind to non-programmers. A surprisingly new UX will come out!
Corporate users’ utilization of Riiiver
There are three patterns of utilization of Riiiver for corporate users. The patterns and their merits are shown below:
- For IoT device manufacturers
- Smartphone apps for your devices can be made compatible with Riiiver by using the SDK we provide. User-initiative addition of new functions and surprising discovery of new ways of use may be realized. As merit, the planning and development of service become more efficient.
- No cost is required when downloading the SDK. The system usage fee is charged when connecting to the production environment of Riiiver and providing official treatment. Try our SDK.
- “Riiiver for Developer”, the Web-based development tools, is free. You can develop a “Piece” (a functional part) with it.
A “Piece” must pass through a review before upload to keep security.
- For consumer-service providers and consumer-product manufacturers
- Providers of services mainly for smartphones such as information distribution or vehicle assignment service can encourage continuous use of their services by using Riiiver. Enhancement of users’ loyalty can be expected as usual services are immediately provided through their watches or other devices in a single push.
- Consumer-product manufacturers can get activity data of users for effective development or improvement of products.
- They can keep spaces attractive for users’ eyes as sponsor areas on the store where users choose and download “iiideas” (function components). We are now preparing fee-based programs for sponsors, which are set of sponsor-promotional ones and official usage data provision of iiidea (excluding personal information).
- For company-inside use
- Development of services or systems using IoT often gets delayed as it requires other skills than those which have longer been used. Using Riiiver, an already-accomplished system, in a company may assist to reduce development time and process.
- We can accept development and customization order. We will soon provide estimation and development services. (Acceptable or not depends on development scale and estimated man-hour.)
Mechanism of Riiiver and meanings of connecting your products or services to Riiiver
Here we show a case, for example. CITIZEN is a watch manufacturer. We usually define specifications as follows when designing a watch. (Probably you do something similar when creating something.)
These specifications are defined by us, CITIZEN. It is the same for functions that can be customized. However, to get compatible with Riiiver means to change the specification definition as follows.
In other words, the button, the input interface of a watch, is opened for free use. In addition, the hands and beep sound, the output interface of a watch, are also opened. Opened to other developers? No. They are opened to ordinary users. Opened so that the users can change how the buttons and hands work. They can design the UX through the interface of the watch.
A watch with the fitness tracker can open functions below:
You can provide these functions to users and give chances to make out how to use them. Available functions are not limited within those which are equipped with your devices. Functions of other Riiiver-compatible devices and services are provided to users as functional components. Service example (weather forecast):
If you provide some service, you can divide your service into some functions and publish them on Riiiver. Users can arrange and connect these functions to make a small app on Riiiver. See the figure below:
“Press the button of a watch to search for tomorrow’s weather and indicate the search result with the hands of the watch.” Here the user connects a watch (IoT device) and the weather forecast (service). Releasing functions which can be elements of a watch as components supports various people to make a new UX with their sensibility. It is the role of Riiiver to make UX creation easy for everybody without coding, though the UX is a relatively simple one. And that is the reason why your IoT devices/services are wanted to be connected and published on Riiiver.
iiidea and Piece
- a functional component is called “Piece”,
- and a small app (UX) made by connecting Pieces (without coding) is called “iiidea”.
Users make an iiidea by connecting Pieces without coding. The following is the framework for arranging Pieces to make an iiidea.
T, S and A mean as follows here.
- T: Trigger Piece → a Piece working as the cue to execute an iiidea
- S: Service Piece → a Piece providing a service (weather forecast service in the example above)
- A: Action Piece → a Piece indicating the service result
Examples of pieces above can be represented as below by using the T, S and A.
Think about how products you developed are divided into functional Pieces when using the T, S and A categories above. Such categorization may help users to make a new UX.
That’s all for the introduction of Riiiver. What Piece will you provide? In the next section, let’s see the framework and environment of Riiiver to make an actual Piece.